Unearth something wild within you.
Emerson Adventure Co. has one goal:
To guide others in finding their true nature, in nature.
Our mission is to provide parents and their children with a fully immersive, adventure-packed expedition into rugged, sublime Alaska. Experiencing something magnificent together shows us who we can be—for ourselves, for our families, and for the world.
Set at the southernmost entrance to Alaska’s famous Inside Passage, Ketchikan is the gateway to the last frontier. From stunning mountain views to infinite ocean horizons, this island is home to some of our planet’s most incredible outdoor environments—not to mention residents like the bald eagle, humpback whale, and black bear.
During your week-long adventure, you and your kiddo will experience Ketchikan like a local. We’ve arranged private boat expeditions, kayaking excursions, and even a zip-line tour of the rainforest. Ever seen a lumberjack scale an eighty-foot pole in under ten seconds? You will on our tour!
Our founder, Joe Dennis, is an Eagle Scout and middle school math teacher. His chief passion is education and he believes the best way to learn is through hands-on, field-based, experiential learning.
“I want to connect you to nature so you can explore, up close, who you are without the distractions of modern life. I want to share my knowledge of how to take care of this amazing planet. It’s about self-discovery through outdoor experiences. It’s about coming together. It’s about having fun.”
When it comes to Parent-Child adventures, Alaska is the ultimate destination. We handle all of the nitty-gritty details so your family can focus on reeling in fishing lines, cracking up over a beach bonfire, and marveling at all of the wildlife. So, pack up your hiking boots and join us. We look forward to exploring Ketchikan with you!
Date: August 4th — August 10th, 2019
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Itinerary: For a day-to-day look at what’s in store, click here. Look forward to a handful of fishing excursions, a sea-kayak adventure, a zip-line tour, and an amazing lumberjack show!
Accommodations: Our guests stay at The Water View Inn, located in the popular Water Street area. This prime location boasts harbor views and is only a 1/2 mile walk from Ketchikan’s historic downtown.
Please note our tour is limited to 6 guests.
- First class accommodations that reflect the region visited for 7 days, 6 nights. Each Parent-Child pair will have their own private bedroom and bathroom. Both queen and twin beds available.
- Daily breakfast, along with 4 lunches, 3 dinners, and daily snacks
- Full time guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip, who handle behind-the-scenes logistics, and who are there to help with anything from baiting a fishing line to buying a tube of toothpaste
- All admission/tour fees for fishing excursions, sea kayaking adventures, zip-line tour, lumberjack show, historic sites, and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for accommodations, meals, and baggage
- Trip literature
- All transportation during the trip, whether by car, boat, cable car or funicular
What’s Not Included:
- Airfare and land transportation (outside of Ketchikan)
- Traveler’s insurance (required upon booking)
- 7-Day fishing license
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
- Non-scheduled visits and activities
This tour is normally $3,530 per person – however, we are currently offering a 30% promotion for the 2019 Summer Season, with discounted tickets at $2,470 per person.
We accept payments of all kinds! To pay by credit card, please proceed via this platform, Universe (standard credit card fee will apply) . To pay by Venmo, PayPal, or check please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll sort out the details with you.
We also offer a payment plan! If you can’t swing the full ticket price right now, Universe will split each ticket into two equal installments of $1,235. Please note that with this payment plan, Universe does charge a one-time $15 fee.
If you pay via credit card on this platform, you have 24 hours to cancel your reservation and receive a full refund. All other payment avenues are final sale and non-refundable.