Last modified: April 26, 2021
Conscious City Guide, inc. (“Company,” “We,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy (“policy”) describes the types of information we may collect from you, either directly through our website at www.consciouscityguide.com (our “Website”), or on or through our service provider platform, “Universe”, which enables our website’s functionality. The policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this website
- in e-mail, text and other electronic exchanges between you and this website.
- through our service providers, such as Universe.
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means;
- our service provider, universe, when such information is not transmitted or accessible to us; or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only choice is to refrain from using our website. By accessing or using this website, you agree to this policy. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this website after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children under the age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on this website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect about you and how we collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, and telephone number (“Personal information”); or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- when you directly provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected
- automatically may include usage details, ip addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- from third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers, including universe.
Information you provide to us.
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or on or through the universe platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- details of transactions you carry out through our website or through universe, and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through universe.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, “User contributions”). Your user contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons if you choose to share this information publicly or with other users.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies.
- As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the website
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your ip address, operating system and browser type.
- “do not track” is a preference that you can set in your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. We do not currently respond to, or honor, do not track signals or requests from your browser.
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized
- Service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for flash cookies, see choices about how we use and disclose your information below.
- Web beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. Pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To provide the event management platform, community setup, and other interactive features of our website, and to enable users to set up, manage, and promote these events to you, including selling tickets and managing rsvps.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your personal information other than as described below.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, and/or non-identifying information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide:
To our subsidiaries and affiliates, including universe and any user of our website that utilizes the platform to set up and manage an event or community.
To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of conscious city guide’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by conscious city guide about our website users is among the assets transferred.
To third parties to market their products, services, or events to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of conscious city guide, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms should help to provide you with control over your information:
Promotional offers from the company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other information used by the company to promote our own or third parties’ products, services, or events you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, or at any other time by logging into the website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to hello@consciouscityguide.Com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Federal Trade Commission disclosures
The Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) requires bloggers, certain websites such as lifestyle websites, and “influencers” to disclose whenever there is a financial interest or bias related to recommendations made through a platform. In compliance with the ftc guidelines, please assume that all links, posts, photos, codes, and other hyperlinked material on this website are affiliated (“affiliate links”). For more information on affiliate links, please read our affiliate disclosure statement, located at [insert url].
Accessing and correcting your information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your user account and navigating to the relevant page in your profile.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may also not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide is stored on universe’s secure servers behind firewalls. We limit access to our universe account details to ensure that your information is not viewable by any unauthorized parties.
All payment transactions are processed through whatever payment gateway our users choose. If a user has chosen to use a third party ticket payment gateway, we are not responsible for the information and data security practices of that third party gateway, nor do we receive any of the personal information you chooses to share with that gateway. Please take the time to read and understand the terms of service and security procedures of whichever payment gateway you are purchasing tickets through.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the website like message boards. Any other user of the website may view the information you share in public areas.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Notice to users from the European Economic Area (“EEA”)