Are you feeling overwhelmed or burned out by the demands of daily life? Do you struggle with energy management or mood swings? Learn how to harness the power of your own breath to reduce stress & burnout and increase energy levels.
Learn how to use Conscious Connected Breath (a specific breathing technique which I’ll walk you through) to enter a relaxed state of consciousness. In this state it’s possible to access deep healing, release trapped emotions, experience enhanced creativity & intuition. The journey can be physical, spiritual, and/or emotional; alternately you may just have a nourishing and relaxing self-care break.
A Breathing Patterns Breathwork Journey is a safe and gentle process that encourages the exploration and release of emotions. It is suitable for almost all people, you will be in control of how deep you choose to go at all times.
What to expect
- Each 60 minute virtual session will include:
- An introduction to Conscious Connected Breath
- A guided meditation or visualization
- A guided conscious breathwork session (~30 minutes)
- Space for integration and sharing
Workshop to be held via zoom, link to be provided 24 hours prior to start.
- Please refrain from eating a heavy meal before- we will be taking deep breaths which may upset a full stomach
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing
- To get the most benefit out of this practice please select a space where you won’t be disturbed for the duration of the session. You may want to set up a space to lie down such as on a yoga mat, carpet, couch, or bed. I would also suggest keeping anything you’d want for comfort nearby- a pillow, bolster, blanket, some water or tissues. Headphones can be helpful for blocking out external noise.
- You may wish to keep a journal to write down any thoughts that come up during or after the workshop.
It is required that you fill out the registration form and waiver in order to participate.
Please be aware that these practices are powerful and can bring emotions to the surface. This is a safe space for expression and anything expressed by a member of the community should be treated as sacred. We ask that you do not repeat or share any personal experiences which may come up during the practice. Sharing is not required but is absolutely welcome and may help to deepen your experience. This workshop will take place virtually, a recording may be made of the speaker during the breathwork portion of the event but the speaker will be pinned so as not to capture any other participants. You are welcome to keep your camera on or off for the duration.
It is NOT recommended that you do Conscious Connected Breathwork if you have heart or blood pressure problems, have a history of psychosis or severe mental illness, or have epilepsy, glaucoma, detached retina or have undergone surgery within the past 8 weeks. Caution should also be used for anyone in early or delicate pregnancy. If any of these conditions apply to you I would still welcome you to participate- an alternate breathing technique will be given for anyone who wishes to use it.If you have any questions, please get in touch with me at Julia@breathing-patterns.com
About the facilitator
Julia is a NYC-based yoga instructor/construction nerd/plant enthusiast currently completing breathwork facilitator training with Breathing Space. Her passion lies in teaching others how to use innate tools such as the breath to work through emotions, get in touch with their bodies, and so much more. Julia currently teaches yoga, breathwork & meditation to private clients and will soon be launching a 4-week online breathwork course geared towards those experiencing stress and burnout. You can find out more about her or get in touch at breathing-patterns.com