Are you looking for a fun, immersive way to learn more about natural perfumery and create your own signature scent with friends? Try a Bios Apothecary perfume making class! You will leave with your very own bespoke fine fragrance.
Our $110 fee per person includes: an introduction to natural perfumery, an overview and sampling of our most popular botanical scents (with access to our full library of 120+ aromatics) and all of the raw materials and supplies needed to create your one-of-a-kind 15ml signature fragrance. Light refreshments (including mimosas for daytime workshops and red wine for evening workshops) will be served.
We have one of the most extensive libraries of natural perfume ingredients in the tri-state area. Raw materials will include 120+ therapeutic grade essential oils, absolutes, concretes, resins, and isolates – sourced from more than 40 countries and spanning all major olfactory families. We have plant-based “leathers” and “musks”, exquisite and rare woods, exotic flowers, earthy root extractions, juicy tree fruit, ripe berries, invigorating citrus, verdant grasses, balsamic resins, decadent gourmands, enlivening spices and more – comprehensive selections for both men and women. Choose an oil base with a roll on applicator, or a traditional perfumers alcohol base with a spray atomizer. Decorative dried botanicals and semi-precious gemstones can be infused into your fragrance at no extra cost. 100mG of CBD can be added for an additional $25.00.
Beginners welcome. No previous experience required. Comprehensive instruction will be given.
Two and a half hours total. One hour of instruction, one hour of sampling, and one half hour of formulating.
Thirteen and up are welcome.
Our workshops are held at the Bios Apothecary Storefront, Showroom & Studio at 61 West Street, Brooklyn New York.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
For the health and safety of all workshop attendees and bios staff, the following precautions will in place until further notice;
- Vaccination and Mask Wearing
- Proof of full vaccination is required to attend all public workshops. A vaccination card or excelsior pass will need to be presented before entry to the workshop. Once admitted, wearing a mask is optional.
- If you are unvaccinated and would like to attend a workshop, consider booking a private event. We can accommodate groups as small as 4! Direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have virtual workshop offerings where proof of vaccination is not required.
- Surfaces and tools will be sanitized before and after each workshop. Please sanitize or wash your hands upon arrival. We will be limiting the use of shared tools whenever possible. We will provide disposable paper scent strips for scent sampling. Gloves are provided.
- Class Size
- We have reduced workshop capacity by 50% so that everyone can spread out a bit (please note that you will still be seated at a table with other guests who are also fully vaccinated)
- CDC Guidance
- If at any point community spread increases and/or new restrictions are put in place that result in workshop cancellations, you will receive a credit which can be used to any future workshop date.
- Covid-19 Related Workshop Cancellations
- If you have been exposed to Covid-19 within 14 days of the workshop and are not fully vaccinated, or if you have been fully vaccinated and are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 following possible exposure, please email us as soon as possible so that we can reschedule you for a future date. Non-covid related cancellations are subject to our standard workshop cancellation policy below.
STANDARD WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
If you register for a workshop and become unable to attend, we will gladly offer a credit to use towards any future event if you notify us 1 full week in advance of the scheduled date. Workshop credits are not redeemable for cash and cannot be applied to in-store merchandise purchases. If you are unable to attend a workshop at the last minute, we suggest giving your spot to a friend! In the event a class is cancelled or rescheduled due to inclement weather or other Act of God, you will receive a credit to take another class at a later date. Thank you for understanding!