Thinking about changing careers? Join us for a conversation on what it’s really like to change careers and do what you love.
This program is part of Repurpose Your Purpose’s Winter Fest 2022 (December 12 – December 16).
Join me for the latest in Repurpose Your Purpose’s series of panel discussion events all about How to Change Careers! I am excited to invite you all to meet a group of career changers who took the leap, felt the fear, and pursued a fulfilling professional path.
- Are you unsatisfied with what you do, or just not excited about it anymore?
- Do you dream of doing work you love…if just you knew what that could be?
- Do you feel you’d be happy working for yourself, but the fear of not making it holds you back?
- Do you wonder what it’s really like – I mean, really like – to do something new, even after years in a different careers?
- Would you like to meet fellow career changers to share what it’s like to go through this journey?
Join me online! I invited a group of career changers to share what their journey to career happiness was like.
- Panel discussion
- Audience Q&A.
- Choose to stay for guided group activities to meet fellow career changers and get you started on your journey to use what you already know to do something new!
This event will be recorded (except for the small group shares which will not be recorded).
From the very start, I set out to create Repurpose Your Purpose as a program where career changers could come together to have the in-depth conversation missing in their lives. A space free of judgement and where everyone feels welcome. This event is the latest in Repurpose Your Purpose’s signature experiential events – the How to Change Careers series – which started as an in-person series of events in Los Angeles in 2017.
Psst: if you are ready to change careers, but you are not sure what you want to do next, sign up for the waiting list to join the Group Program to Change Careers. We start at the beginning of 2023.
ARE YOU READY TO DO SOMETHING YOU LOVE?
No BS, no fluff, come ready to:
- Learn how to find a fulfilling career that WORKS FOR YOU
- HEAR from successful career changers who took the leap and made it happen!
- Consider what it looks like to take COURAGEOUS ACTION and go after “impossible” dreams
- Find INSPIRATION and ideas for your next move
- AWAKEN your creativity
We’ll talk about:
- The CHALLENGES and ADVANTAGES of changing careers
- How to FIND what to pursue next
- What changing careers is REALLY like – no fluff!
- Taking RISK and changing careers
- What SUCCESS looks like – and how to choose what success means for YOU
- How to leverage your previous EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE in a new career
- and more!
Stay after the panel to EXPLORE what you need and desire professionally
Meet and hear from professionals and entrepreneurs who changed careers and pursued professions or businesses that they love and feel passionate about.
Psst: This is NOT going to be your typical panel discussion
SAMMY LYON is a realtor and real estate investor. Sammy helps other homebuyers and investors build generational wealth! Sammy also manages real estate development projects, buys apartment buildings in South LA and is the founder of GoodRents, a social impact real estate investment project. Sammy commits 5% of all gross profits from real estate to racial and social justice causes. Learn more at lyonideas.com
A writer, editor and coach, MARISA ESCOLAR partners with entrepreneurs and small businesses across a range of industries to produce thought leadership from regular blogs to full-length books. With a background in academia and a passion for storytelling, she helps her clients distill complex ideas into dynamic content, so they can connect more deeply with their audience. For more, visit marisaescolar.com
SHANA SANFORD is an Experience Designer from Los Angeles, CA. She is a storyteller at heart and has a passion for human-centered and inclusive design. Her mission as a designer is to help create a world that is as equally accessible as possible for every person. Shana is currently working as Product Designer on the Safety and Insurance team at Uber, where she thoughtfully solves problems for users and the organization. She works closely with research, product, and engineering partners to deeply understand issues around privacy and safety, and designs artifacts that provide the right level of detail at each stage of the product development process. While not designing, you can find Shana acrylic painting, walking her goldendoodle, Pixel, or learning a new skill. She is a fan of hand-written notes, analogue photography, strong coffee, and the beach!
- This panel discussion event will be live online. Please connect a little before our starting time if you need help getting set up.
- Please make sure you have fast and reliable internet connection, headphones and mic as needed to participate. Interacting and being on video is optional, but highly appreciated.
- Please mute your mic when not speaking
- Although a Zoom app is available, I highly recommend you plan on attending using your laptop or desktop computer.
- This virtual event is open to anybody from anywhere in the world 🙂 It will be entirely in English.
About Repurpose Your Purpose’s Winter Fest 2022
My work is and has always been about navigating change. When the nights stretch out and the days become shorter, we are called to look within and to digest what’s come before. In the darkness of this time, we can also best begin to see the initial small, but powerful flame that calls us to shine our light brighter.
This year, I am dedicating one full week to programs designed to help you access this space of inner Wisdom and transformation. See here for the full schedule.
Please note: only some of the events will be recorded. See each event’s description for details
About the Gift Economy
Choose to attend just once or multiple times, each event is offered in the spirit of the gift economy. I have been offering some of my events for years in this spirit.
The gift economy is a way to share knowledge and resources outside of the dominant mode of transactional exchange. All of Winter Fest’s programs are offered as a gift.
If you would like to contribute to these events and to support Repurpose Your Purpose’s commitment to always offer some of its programs in the spirit of gift, please choose an amount you would like to contribute when you register. The amount is completely up to you, and you can also choose not to pay anything.
About the Host and Moderator
My name is Aurora Meneghello and I am a Transformative Coach and Facilitator who works with individuals and organizations from all over the world. I support clients in living a life of purpose and in creating businesses and organizations that awaken wellbeing and potential in their leaders and teams. My work focuses on unlocking each individual’s inner Wisdom, so they can feel at peace within themselves, take powerful action, and live at their full potential.
I am the Founder of Repurpose Your Purpose, a program to help people change careers by using what they already know to do something new. A couple of times a year I host a group program to change careers, you can sign up for the waiting list here.