Join us on Sunday 10/30 (1-6pm) in San Pedro for a special community day retreat to ‘Honor Our Ancestors’ and celebrate Filipino History Month. The intention of this day immersion is to offer a space to connect with our Ancestors. We will come together to experience sacred ceremonies and practice wellness modalities to nourish our mind, body, and spirit. We will close our day immersion with a special Atang (Food Offering) for our Ancestors and celebrate with a Filipino ‘Kamayan’ Communal Feast.
This Retreat is For…
Anyone who desires to attend! This is an inclusive event. You do not need to be Filipno/a/x to join us 🙂
Note: To make this day immersion, inclusive for our community. We are offering tickets with a sliding scale. Please select the ticket tier that feels most aligned. If you are limited on funds, you can select the Supported ($125) or Community ticket ($150). If you are feeling more abundant, you can select the Abundant ($175) or Generosity ticket ($200). All ticket tiers receive full day retreat access.
- Welcome Circle (1-1:15 pm)
- Cha Dao Bowl Tea Ceremony (1:15-2 pm)
- Experience a Cha Dao Bowl Tea Ceremony led by Kristine Lo where we will connect and commune with ancient plantcestor spirit, Camellia Sinensis.
- Ancestral Spiritual Ceremony (2:15 -3:15 pm)
- Embark on a shamanic journey to initiate a conscious connection to your loving and supportive ancestors during a time when the veils are thin and our ancestral connections are strengthened. led by Amor Sapida.
- Kundalini Yoga & Meditation (3:30-4:15pm)
- Experience activated energy & chakra alignment through Kundalini Yoga & Meditation led by Angeli Caranto.
- Sound Bath (4:15 – 4:45 pm)
- Deeply Integrate and allow yourself to fully receive all the gifts that your ancestors have passed on to you by grounding with a nourishing Sound Bath led by Amor & Angeli.
- Closing Circle & Song (4:45 – 5pm)
- Kamayan & Atang (5-6pm)
- We will end our day with a ‘Kamayan’ Communal Feast – where no utensils are used. Food will be made by Sarah Atkinson. Vegan/Vegetarian options will be available.
Amor is a Filipina spiritual and herbal alchemist that weaves the colorful tapestry of holistic healing to guide individuals into living a life connected to nature’s wisdom. Amor works with shamanic practices & walks between realms reconnecting to ancient rituals, the traditional knowledge of her lineage, and the magic of plant and animal spirits. She facilitates ceremonies, workshops & retreats directly working with shadow & light realms, through plant medicine, animal spirits, sound healing & dance medicine.
Angeli Caranto is a Filipina-American healer from Long Beach, California. She works with ancient healing modalities such as Kundalini Yoga and Meditation, Sound Healing, Reiki, and Herbalism. Her intention as a healer is simple, to help remind others of their divinity through these spiritual practices that guides one back to their wholeness.
Kristine Lo is a Filipinx-American Creative Director, Photographer, & Conscious Guide based in Ojai, California. Her offerings include Photography, Cha Dao Tea Ceremony, Herbalism, Mindfulness, Kundalini Yoga & Meditation. Through her offerings, her intention is to co-create and facilitate the process of conscious creativity, compassion, and embodying your authentic essence.
Sarah Atkinson moved to Los Angeles in 2019 to be closer to the ocean and reconnect with her Filipino community. She honors her ancestors by eating their favorite foods, relearning their languages, and practicing their art forms. In her free time, she can be found tending to her innumerable houseplants or cooking for her friends.
*After signing up, you will receive the event address after sign-up. Please note that we are hosting this event at a private residence in San Pedro, California
For questions about this event, please email Sarah Atkinson at email@example.com