Hi all, I’ll be hosting a few live Āyurvedic classes on Insight Timer. These classes are from Module 1 of my Intro to Āyurveda course (beta version).
You must download the free Insight Timer app to join the class: https://insig.ht/FB8dNShW6hb?utm_source=copy_link&utm_medium=live_stream_share
To see or sign-up for the Full-Course (hosted live on Zoom), visit:
MODULE 1: ESSENCE OF ĀYURVEDA
- What is Āyurveda?
- Where does Āyurveda come from?
- From which philosophies has Āyurveda adopted its current framework?
- Why do these philosophies play a key role in the comprehension and practice of Āyurveda?
- Origin and timeline
- Bṛhat Trayī (Major Triad)
- Laghu Trayī (Minor Triad)
- Philosophy / Framework of the Science
- Ṣaḍdarśana (6 Philosophies)
- Sāṅkhya: Puruṣa, Prakṛiti, Ahaṃkāra, Tri-Guṇas
- Vedānta: Advaita Vedānta focus
MODULE 2: ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY – PART 1 – VĀTA
- Philosophy cont. + Tri-Doṣa Theory + Vāta
- Linking the philosophical framework to tri-dosa theory and introducing the 20 qualities or attributes as they relate to each doṣa (gurvādigunas).
- Continuation of Sāṅkhya:
- Elements: Pañca-mahābhūta
- Intro to Tri-Doṣa Theory:
- Intro to Qualities & Attributes:
- Vāta: Characteristics + Normal Functions + Abnormal Symptoms
- Gurvādigunas of Vāta
MODULE 3: ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY – PART 2 – PITTA
- Pitta: Characteristics + Normal Functions + Abnormal Symptoms
- Gurvādigunas of Pitta
MODULE 4: ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY – PART 3 – KAPHA
- Kapha: Characteristics + Normal Functions + Abnormal Symptoms
- Gurvādigunas of Kapha
MODULE 5: CYCLES OF TIME
- Day, Season & Life Cycles
- Introducing the 3 major cycles of time and how the doṣas are affected through each transition.
- Day: Dina
- Season: Ṛtu
- Life: Avasthas
MODULE 6: PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
- Daily Practices and Practical Applications
- What daily practices may I begin implementing now?
- How may I begin applying Āyurvedic theory in my lifestyle?
- Daily Routine: Dinacaryā, i.e. Abhyanga
- 3 Pillars of Ayurveda: Traya Upastambha: Āhāra, Nidrā, Brahmacarya