S E L F – A B H Y A N G A
Abhyanga, or the practice of self oil massage, is an ancient Ayurvedic or purification and rejuvenation treatment of external snehana, or oleation therapy. Typically done in preparation for a more intensive set of purification procedures known as panchakarma, it’s also a foundational practice that we incorporate as a daily ritual in our routine for optimal health.
B E N E F I T S
– Vata pacifying (vata refers to the vitiated elements of air & ether, which manifest as: anxiety, ungroundedness, scattered thinking, brain fog, insomnia, overwhelmed mind, spaciness, fearfulness, jumpiness, feeling of always running, etc.)
– Calms & soothes the nervous system
– Nourishes the skin
– Releases and lubricates bodily tissues & joints
– Increases circulation
– Loosens impurities & supports lymphatic detoxification
– Supreme self-love and affection
– Increased bodily awareness
– Removes fatigue from the system
– Boosts & supports immunity
D O W N L O A D . I N S I G H T . T I M E R
This will be LIVE streamed via the free Insight Timer app. Please download the app ahead of the workshop, and follow the event here: https://insig.ht/grvkKHDXobb
W O R K S H O P
– Guided Meditation
– Discuss Abhyanga
– Guided Abhyanga Practice
C O S T
Free / donation based. Suggested $10.
Click here to donate via Paypal: http://paypal.me/napuaveda
P L E A S E . B R I N G
- Large Abhyanga towel to sit on. Set aside 1-2 dedicated Abhyanga towels, which you don’t mind getting oily.
- ~1/4 cup of organic, unrefined/virgin coconut or sesame oil. Send me a DM in advance for a personalized recommendation on oil.
- Timer (iPhone)
W E B C A M S
I am hosting this workshop via the Insight Timer app, and I will not be able to see or hear you. You will be able to write comments in the live chat; however, with oil on your hands – this may prove a bit difficult! If you have any questions, please send them via e-mail: email@example.com ahead of the workshop, or post them in the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/napuacommunity
A B O U T . C A T R I N A . A R M E N D A R I Z
Catrina Armendariz is the founder of Napua. She has been practicing yoga (and meditation) since she was 4 years old, that’s about 30 years, and teaching for 5 years. The practices she shares are from the Vedic and Tantric wisdom traditions, and are rooted primarily in and informed by Ayurveda – “the science of health & longevity” and Jyotish – “Vedic astrology”.
She works with all populations and maintains a special interest in supporting women’s health.
She thanks her Vaidyas, Gurus and Acharyas for passing on this supreme wisdom and sharing the keys to opening the doors of bliss within.
N A P U A
Evolving at the convergence of beauty and being, Napua is a virtual ashram: a home for simple self-care rooted in the world’s most ancient, time-honored traditions. Welcome yourself home. Experience deep rest. See with profound clarity.
Sign-up for Napua here to be informed of upcoming events and offerings.