The Salt Eaters Bookshop is transformed into a sacred breath sanctuary for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation with certified breathwork practitioner Imani Nicole.
Community members and all who are interested in releasing the stress of the week are invited to rest and welcome joy in their life. No matter who you are and just as you are, you can come just be and just breathe at The Sacred Breath Sanctuary.
Black to Breath is a bi-weekly breathwork and meditation class centering rest, healing, and relaxation. Participants are led through a dynamic sensory experience that encourages the connection between mind, body, and spirit.
Are you ready to:
- Dissolve stress and anxiety?
- Release the past and be more present in your life?
- Connect deeply with yourself?
Return to self and return to joy at the Sacred Breath Sanctuary.
All experience levels are welcome.
- Check-In & Mingling: 9:50 AM – 10:00 AM
- Welcome & Demo: 10:00 AM – 10:10 AM
- Meditation, Breathwork, and Movement: 10:10 AM – 11:15 AM
- Sacred Silence, Journaling & Reflection 11:15 AM – 11:25 AM
- Closing: 11:25 AM – 11:30 AM
Tickets include entry, a three-part wellness workshop, water, and a sweet treat to bring you back to your senses after class.
early arrival strongly suggested
Here’s what attendees think about Black to Breath: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl9pRkVgFzr/
Journal and/or something to take notes with.
We recommend bringing a yoga mat and a blanket for comfort. There are a limited number of mats available on a first come first serve basis. Option to bring a yoga towel/meditation cushion.
Open mind, open heart, and on occasion your best dance moves.
Extra coins to enjoy private shopping The Salt Eaters Bookshop after class.
PARKING: There is metered parking available on site. Please plan accordingly.
Vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the last 72 hours are suggested to attend closed, in-person events. Consult the CDC website for an up-to-date determinant of what it means to be “fully vaccinated.” Our door will remain open for increased ventilation for the duration of all events.
Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms is encouraged to stay home, with or without testing positive.
The Salt Eaters Bookshop provides hand-sanitizer, disposable masks, and hand soap for every event.
The Salt Eaters Bookshop, @thesalteaters
Imani Nicole, @maniidotcalm
* Black to Breath centers the rest, healing, and relaxation of Black bodies. It is however open to all who feel called to share the breath and find healing through it. We ask that if you are not a Black person – and you are able to – that you consider a greater fiscal contribution to support the costs associated with the ongoing production of Black to Breath.
* * To respect your fellow students, we recommend all attendees arrive at least 10 minutes prior to meditation start time (10:00 AM) to check-in and set your yoga mat up. Latecomers will not be admitted in the class, nor refunded due to late arrival.**
* * * Breathwork is not advised for everyone. Please check with your doctor if you have had any significant health conditions. Pregnant women are advised against practicing Breathwork without first consulting and getting approval from their primary care physician.