ABOUT THE “WINTER BLUES”
The shorter, colder, and grayer days of the winter months can be especially difficult.
The lack of sunlight and colder temperatures disrupts our bodies’ ability to regulate mood.
Do you relate to any of the following…?
- Does your body go into “hibernation mode” where you eat more and socialize less?
- Is it hard to get moving or stay active because you lack energy?
- Do you tend to gain weight in the winter?
- Is there an overall sense of lethargy and lack of motivation?
- Is it difficult sticking to a routine even with the best of intentions?
The “winter blues” aka Seasonal Affect Disorder (S.A.D.) includes the following symptoms:
- increased appetite (particularly craving carbohydrates)
- weight gain
- sleeping more and socializing less
PURPOSE: LET’S SELF-CARE TOGETHER!
If you want to beat the winter blues, then JOIN US!
HERE’S THE PLAN…
- Wednesdays @ 7:30-8:30pm PST
- 30-min yoga/stretching + 30-min group/partner share
- weekly check-in buddy
- weekly self-care routine
- optional WhatsApp group to help you stay motivated and inspired
- In community and with a weekly partner, you’ll create healthier, more sustainable habits
- Meet other mindful folks with similar challenges
- Connect with your community and make new friends
- Get paired up with a buddy for weekly accountability
- Uplift + inspire through sharing + listening
8:00 group check-in/breakout rooms
**If you’re coming with a partner, please be on separate devices (if possible) for breakout room exercises**