Exploring the Essence of Deep Connection that Underlies All Partner Dance.
Hello Boulder! I am so thrilled to be visiting you FOR THE FIRST TIME FINALLY to dance and connect!
A continually evolving holistic, embodiment practice, Cocréa seamlessly weaves the connected fluidity of fusion partner dance with:
• the organic expression of authentic movement
• concepts from contact improvisation
• skills and practices from navigating deep interpersonal relationships – romantic, platonic, polyamorous and otherwise
• deconstructing gender rolls
• embodied consent
• exploration of the resolution and non-resolution of conflict through the lens of theater
• the transformational work of the Gene Keys
• and a contemplative approach to life.
Whether you’re completely new to partner dance, have been dancing fusion for awhile, or have a completely different embodiment practice, this workshop is an opportunity to support you in taking your dance experience to a new level!
Cocréa = Collaborative, Organic Communication, Revolutionizing Embodied Awareness.
What is being offered: Cocréa is as much a path of personal development as it is a training ground to become a better dancer. This two day playshop will be an exploration of embodiment, intimacy and refinement in listening – both with the self and others. We will embrace form and structure and deepen into a practice of presence with one another. Playing within the structures common to many of the world’s social partner dances, dancers will learn tools to invite and allow an easeful flow to emerge through deep listening and responding in presence with the moment. Through meeting and joining energy, we emphasize connection, communication and creative expression between two humans within a community of others.
Themes we’ll play through:
• Polarity – the mutable energetics of lead and follow
• Change and Co-Creation
• Stretching into discomfort and uncertainty
• What energy best supports listening
What the attendee could learn/intention of the workshop:
• Core Stability & Balance• Lead-Follow-Neutral Dynamics
• Variable Frames of Connection
• Accessing Intuitive Movement
• Expanding Connection Points
• Activating Your ‘Spinaesthesia’
• The freedom of finding your unhinged goofball
Building on the foundational elements of social partner dance technique as our common language, Wren LaFeet’s playful guidance teaches how to wield creative expression with consideration to another body and practice nuanced responsiveness to one another in improvisational, co-created dance. Cocréa is a gateway to accessing the body’s wisdom to deepening Self and relational attunement. Our intention is to explore form and play creatively from our heart, body and spirit, in full support and appreciation of ourselves and one another.
This workshop is accessible to movers of all experience levels.
A dancer in the Fusion social partner dance movement since it began in the early 2000s, Wren’s dancing helps define Fusion as an emergent dance form based in the spontaneous co-creation of new aesthetics. Fueled by his curiosity in spirituality, sexuality, global community, the natural world, relationships, and guided by his devotion to love and the idea of the Beloved, partner dance has served as the vehicle for his inquiry and understanding. He has inspired the formation of multiple fusion dance communities on the west coast of North America, and teaches partner dance internationally as a practice for mindful, authentic living, enlivening communities with his signature modality, Cocréa. His facilitation encourages individuals to create themselves as safer spaces for the embodiment of the full range of human expression. Promoting dance as medicine– a spiritual salve for our modern ailments of disconnection and alienation– his practice insists we trust our bodies with the music and our partner to catalyze elevating our whole being into higher vibrational states.
FRIDAY Oct 21st: 6pm – 10pm
an evening connection to prime you for a weekend of diving deep into connection and presence
with music by ENTHEO
faciliatated Cocréa Dance with WREN LAFEET
Saturday Oct 22nd: 11am-5pm
• Embodied Consent
• Groove: the Art of Being Danced
• Physics for the Partner Dancing Body: Frame, Tone, Momentum, Undulation
• Suzuki Physical Theater work that Revolutionizes the Way You Move
• Alchemical Intimacy: Child’s Play
Sunday Oct 23rd: 11am-5pm
• Jedi Musicality ((or)) Becoming Sound
• Deep Surrender to Groove within Frame
• Spirals, Revolution and Backbody Awareness
• Kintimacy: Breathing into Wholeness through Community
Alchemy Arts Farm
1005 Apple Valley Rd
Lyons CO 80540
No on-site accomodationsMany air-bnb’s in the area
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable clothes to move in. Two pairs of socks. A water bottle. A snack/lunch to stay nourished.
All are welcome. Wearing masks is absolutely welcome.
If you’re not feeling well, even a little, please don’t come! Please be in the mindset of care and do your best to be mindful of how you interact leading up to this event. Do your best to manage your exposure so we can create an inclusive and safer space.