Three Jewels is hosting its next 200 hour meditation teacher training this fall 2019. Led by Three Jewels president and senior teacher, Hector Marcel and Coco Korniczky, plus guest speakers that have completed over 3 years of silent meditation retreat! This training will provide deep instruction on meditation, a basis on cultivating bodhichitta (ultimate compassion) and a thorough understanding of the Lam Rim, or Steps on the Path to Enlightenment in the tradition of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Practitioners will acquire new tools, sharpen them with precise skill, and re-enter the world as an embodiment of the bodhisattva ideal of love, wisdom and service. The premise of this training is that to teach, to share knowledge, is the very foundation of creating a practice for oneself and that going inward and going outward to serve inform one another inextricably.
- In- depth study of meditation and its practical uses
- Deepening your daily personal practice
- A complete overview of enlightenment through meditation
- Learning correct postures and the preliminaries of meditation
- Intensive study of all 9 stages of meditation
- Cultivation of compassion and its importance in meditation
- In depth study of Shamatha and Vipashyana (Quietude and Insight)
- Receive instruction on core texts of Mahayana Buddhist philosophy
- Understand neurophysiological applications of meditation
- Knowing why yoga and meditation unify
- The importance of ethics and conduct as the teacher role
- Learning signature Three Jewels meditations
- Developing and delivering instructions for different audiences (privates, studios, corporations, schools, shelters, and more)
- In-class teaching with mentor feedback
- Utilizing service and outreach as opportunities for spiritual growth
- Observation and notation of Three Jewels classes
- Assigned readings and homework
- Final examination and presentation
Teachers will be credentialed to teach on your own and a possible opportunity in special projects through Three Jewels community initiatives. Beyond Three Jewels classes, our meditation teachers currently teach at corporate workplaces, shelters, schools and more. We do not guarantee employment upon graduating, but you will be more than ready to begin teaching and building your personal brand regardless.
Practice requirements, community involvement and home study will link the weekends together, giving students the opportunity to apply lessons to real life throughout the training. Students will be required to complete written homework and required reading of ancient and modern texts through the training. It is expected that students will maintain a regular meditation practice and a daily meditation journal.
- Interview with Hector Marcel after applying
- Have a daily personal meditation practice
- Complete full attendance in the training (there are no make up classes, but everything will be recorded)
- Complete all readings, homework, final exam and presentation
200 HOURS | 10 WEEKENDS
SEPT 27 to DEC 8, 2019
(every weekend except Thanksgiving weekend: Nov 30 – Dec 1)
Fridays | 6 – 9PM
Saturdays & Sundays | 9AM – 5:30PM
Early Bird: $2950 (save $550)
paid in full by July 1st, 2019
Standard Tuition: $3500
paid in full by Sept. 27, 2019
A $250 deposit fee must be submitted for acceptance. Once you are accepted, you will be required to pay the remaining balance. If you are not accepted, you will be refunded the $250 application fee.
There are no refunds after acceptance. No exceptions.
Hector Marcel has been studying and practicing Tibetan Buddhism for 20 years. He is a passionate organizational change management consultant helping executives drive transformational change in their organizations through an emphasis on culture, people and service. He is a master teacher of meditation and eastern philosophy, linking ancient Asian ideas to modern western systems for individuals and teams. Hector serves on the board of the Asian Classics Institute, he is the director of the 108 Lives Project and is the president of Three Jewels (the Enlightenment Studio), a New York based studio dedicated to help people reach their highest potential through meditation, yoga, public talks and community outreach. He believes that meditation opens the door to every personal achievement. Hector is treasured by his students for his immense kindness, humor, and generous wisdom.
Coco Korniczky has been practicing yoga and Tibetan Buddhism for over 25 years. She recently completed a traditional 3-year solitary meditation retreat in the Arizona desert. Coco has trained for thousands of hours in various lineages of yoga including Kundalini yoga through the Agni Teacher Training, the Yoga Dharma Teacher Training, the complete Tibetan Heart Yoga Series, and the Mysore Ashtanga and Anusara lineages. She graduated from the Asian Classics Institute, and the Advanced Studies in Vajrayana at Diamond Mountain University. She is licensed in numerous movement and healing modalities including pilates, gyrotonics, and Eastern and Western massage therapies.