Let’s start with what does Gongfu mean ? Definition of gongfu from Wikipedia: “In China, it refers to any study, learning, or practice that requires patience, energy, and time to complete. In its original meaning, kung fu can refer to any discipline or skill achieved through hard work and practice, not necessarily martial arts.”
So here we share the practice of gonfu tea and gongfu brewing from our co-founder, Mel Nahas’ beloved teacher Wu De from Global Tea Hut.
RECEIVE 15% OFF THIS COURSE WITH THE CODE ‘CONSCIOUSCITYTEA’
Who this course is for:
This course is for anyone who is looking to learn all about gongfu tea. This is level one of a three-part course exploring the world of gongfu tea preparation. Each course will be a requirement for taking the next level. If you want to learn to make a better cup of tea, about the history, tradition and practical skills involved in gongfu tea, then this is the course for you. Put a kettle on and join us!
Watch all the videos at your own pace, in your own home.
There is no schedule: pause and take notes, pick up later, learning in your own way!
What you will learn:
- Investigate the spirit and philosophy of gongfu tea
- Study the history of gongfu tea
- Explore the world of gongfu teaware
- Learn useful practical tips to begin or deepen your practice
- Discover the measures of quality we use to practice
- Develop sensitivity towards your own mastery
- Practice experimenting with method and wares
- Understand what goes into a fine cup of tea
- Apply what you have learned through gongfu tea to your life
What you get:
- More than 20 hours of teachings
- Practical lessons on tea brewing
- Additional videos to ground the teachings in actual technique
- Experiments to try at home
- Methods and measures to improve your sensitivity
- Supplementary reading materials
- Guides to finding the right teaware for gongfu practice
- Special discounts on gongfu teaware
- A live online Q & A session with the teacher
- Fulfillment of requirements needed to take level 2 of this course
Meet the teacher:
For more than twenty-five years Wu De has dedicated himself to the study of Cha Dao and Zen in all their forms. Aaron Fisher was born in a very small town in Ohio and grew up practicing martial arts, which first introduced him to Eastern practices. In college, he studied anthropology and Asian philosophy. At that time, he also began a meditation practice, which ultimately led him to India upon graduation. After a few years in India, he traveled Asia, eventually settling in Japan and then Taiwan, where he has continued his studies of meditation and tea ceremony to this day. “Wu De” is his dharma name, given when he committed more deeply to Zen practice.
USE THE CODE ‘CONSCIOUSCITYTEA’ FOR 15% OFF THIS COURSE
Upcoming tea ceremony near me:
- Friday Jun 9| New York City
Bowl Tea Ceremony
- Monday Mar 20| Online
Healing with Sensuality Journey
- Thursday Jun 8| Los Angeles
Private 1:1 Tea Ceremony
- Saturday Jun 10| Los Angeles
Transforming Trauma Weekend Workshop In Melbourne, VIC, Australia