ABOUT THE wORKSHOP:
This workshop will present an overview of pre-historic, primordial wisdom practices and place them in a historical and modern context. We will explore our ancient relationship to the moon as an individual and collective symbol, moon cultivation as a predecessor to Taoism and the moon’s utility in personal cultivation practices. A specific primordial moon practice, Empty Vessel Moon Meditation, will be introduced and directly experienced.
ABOUT THE SERIES:
Join us as The Sacred Space Miami and The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine come together to educate our community on integrative medicine and holistic living practices. The Sacred Seven Wellness Series is a learning and living series providing practical health and wellness Information to improve daily living Via Integrative approaches to healthy living and wellness. We will experience wellness lectures and workshops delving into topics such as medical marijuana, meditation, visualization and gut health, appropriate for medical professionals and the general public.
Schedule of workshops every second Thursday of the month for the sacred seven wellness series:
- June 8th, 2017: Ancient Medicine for New Times: Trends toward medical cannabis & botanical medicine with Debra Kimless, MD
- July 13th, 2017: Speaking Your Wellness: Affirmative Health, Visualize, Verbalize, Actualize with Rebecca Hunton, MD, MBA
- August 10th, 2017: Mindfulness: The Science and Practice of Easy Living with Gus Castellanos, MD, MSP
- October 12th, 2017: Meditation: A primordial Wisdom practice for modern times with Dan Nevel, AP & Team
- November 9th, 2017: How to Conquer Emotional Eating: 3 Steps to Food Freedom with Deanna Minich, PhD
- December 14th, 2017: Gut Health: Your Second Brain with David Blyweiss, MD
WHAT TO BRING:
notebook or pad, a pen.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Daniel J. Atchison-Nevel: Founder, NSEV Healing & Acupuncture, has been an innovator in the fields of holistic health and acupuncture since 1982. That year, he and his wife Jane Atchison-Nevel co-founded one of the country’s first comprehensive collaborative health centers, the South Florida Healing Arts Center in Miami Beach, Florida. In 1987 Daniel & Jane organized “one of the pioneering events in American acupuncture history”, the International Acupuncture Symposium held in San Francisco, California. For twenty-five years Dan has specialized in the extraordinary vessels, developing the NSEV Healing model for cultivation, wellness healthcare. NSEV Healing explores wisdom traditions from throughout history and views them thru the lens of Chinese traditional medicine. Daniel currently serves as Clinical Director of the NSEV Healing & Acupuncture Clinic in his hometown of Miami Beach, Florida. The very busy clinic sees locals from Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties and visitors from throughout the world.
PRICE PER GUEST:
$45 + Ticket Fees
$60 + Ticket Fees (with CEUs*)