ABOUT THE wORKSHOP:
Food and feelings go hand in hand. Most people don’t even realize it, but they are “emotional eaters”. It’s been estimated that 75% of overeating is due to emotional reasons. In this presentation, you will learn how to identify if you are eating emotionally, and what steps you can take to understand, and ultimately, overcome emotional eating.
ABOUT THE SERIES:
Join us as The Sacred Space Miami and The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine come together to educate our community on integrative medicine and holistic living practices. The Sacred Seven Wellness Series is a learning and living series providing practical health and wellness Information to improve daily living Via Integrative approaches to healthy living and wellness. We will experience wellness lectures and workshops delving into topics such as medical marijuana, meditation, visualization and gut health, appropriate for medical professionals and the general public.
Schedule of workshops every second Thursday of the month for the sacred seven wellness series:
- June 8th, 2017: Ancient Medicine for New Times: Trends toward medical cannabis & botanical medicine with Debra Kimless, MD
- July 13th, 2017: Speaking Your Wellness: Affirmative Health, Visualize, Verbalize, Actualize with Rebecca Hunton, MD, MBA
- August 10th, 2017: Mindfulness: The Science and Practice of Easy Living with Gus Castellanos, MD, MSP
- October 12th, 2017: Meditation: A primordial Wisdom practice for modern times with Dan Nevel, AP & Team
- November 9th, 2017: How to Conquer Emotional Eating: 3 Steps to Food Freedom with Deanna Minich, PhD
- December 14th, 2017: Gut Health: Your Second Brain with David Blyweiss, MD
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Dr. Deanna Minich: is an internationally-recognized teacher, author, scientist, speaker, and artist. She has more than 20 years of diverse, well-rounded experience in the fields of nutrition and functional medicine, including clinical practice, research, product formulation, writing, and education. Her Doctoral (Ph.D.) research focused on essential fatty acid absorption and metabolism, and her Master’s Degree (M.S.) allowed her to explore the health benefits of the colorful, plant-based carotenoids. She has authored five books on health and wellness and over fifteen scientific publications. Currently, she is Faculty for the Institute for Functional Medicine and the University of Western States. She has developed an online certification program for health professionals so that they can apply the color-coded 7 Systems of Full-Spectrum Health in their practice. Her lectures are heard by patients and practitioners throughout the world. Dr. Minich’s passion is teaching a whole-self approach to nourishment and bridging the gaps between science, spirituality, and art in medicine.
wHAT TO BRING:
Journal, Pen and water Bottle.
PRICE PER GUEST PER WORKSHOP/LECTURE:
$60 (with CEUs*)